Perfect Pecan Pie (With tons of pecans and no corn syrup!)
- 1 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 7 Tbs butter, cold and chopped (organic grass-fed)
- 3-5 Tbs water
- 1 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled (organic/grass-fed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 pound raw pecans, chopped
- Place flour and butter into food processor, process on low until butter is fully incorporated, stop and scrape down sides
- Place lid back on, continue to process on low, slowly drizzling in water until the dough begins to clump together. The dough should be moist enough to bring together into one large ball, but not sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a flat, floured surface, and bring together into a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll your pie dough out flat and carefully transfer to a buttered and lightly-floured pie dish (Roll the dough around your rolling pin to help transfer if you need to). Press dough neatly into dish. Using a fork, poke holes in the dough. Par-bake your crust at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until crust begins to “puff”.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted and cooled butter. Whisk in sugar and flour. Lastly, mix in milk, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour pie filling into your par-baked crust. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower to 350 degrees and bake for 30-40 minutes until the filling has firmed up and looks done.
We allow a small amount of white flour (unbleached and organic) in our whole food diet for pie and pastry crusts. Click here to learn more